Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Christmas trees and coughs



So no one ever tells you what hard work it is to be a mom...but no one can ever quite explain how rewarding it is either. As I look at these pictures of my BIG little boy, I can't believe how fast 4 months have flown by. He has changed so much, and has such a personality now.
The other day he had his first, "mommy I miss you" moment and it melted my heart. Someone else was holding him, and he looked at Daddy, then at mommy and started to pout a little. I said "Hi baby" to him and his pout turned into an all out cry. It was the cutest and sadest thing I had ever seen. It instantly melted me. I scooped him up and kissed him and cuddled him and realized he knew his mommy! What a wonderful feeling!


We also ventured out and got our tree this weekend and Ethan ended up with a sad little cough and Daddy with a sore throat! :( We had so much fun bringing Ethan along this year though, it was great to share this family tradition together with our new little family!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a big boy! Love the family pic

Mandy said...

I have to admit I like it when Evie doesn't want anyone but me!! lol

He is getting so big and so handsome!! :-)