Monday, January 03, 2011

Here's to not making NEW Years resolutions, but Year long resolutions...

I hate New Year's Resolutions. In fact I think they're stupid. Resolutions are really what you pledge to do that you didn't have motivation to do the rest of the year. So I'm not making one!

Throughout the year I like to think of things I'd like to change in my life, and I try to be better at those things. I don't always follow through...but I try. Trying is something and I'm going to pat myself on the back for those tries.

My wishes so far for this year are:
Learn to be more patient (if that's even possible!)
Learn to cook better, healthier, more natural meals for my family
Learn as much as I can about becoming a more "green" family.
Devote more time to our health and well being.
Devote more time to God and our home church.

I've already started off cooking better. Tonight, home made mac and cheese with lots of veggies. So much healthier for my family than the kind that comes in a box, processed cheese?? No thanks. And guess what? It was EASY!!! A few extra minutes to cut up some veggies and that was it. I also drank water all day, no Soda!! I feel accomplished.

After dinner and putting my boys to bed, I did Jillian Michaels 30 DAY SHRED. I didn't want to do it. I'm tired, and the Bachelor is on...but I did it...and guess what, I feel so glad that I did.

This afternoon I ordered some cloth diapers for Nolan. I've always wanted to try it, but never thought I'd have enough time to put in the effort. Now I'm making the effort and time!!

So here's to a new year, a healthy outlook on life and small, everyday life accomplishments that add up to big ones!!!

No comments: