Thursday, January 06, 2011

Homemade: Baby wipes and washcloths!

A while back when Ethan was born I made some handmade washcloths and burp rags, and they work great for just about everything. I decided to revisit it, and make some wipes and washcloths again. Homemade wipes are awesome because you can use them for just about everything. We use so much less paper towel. We use them to wash the counter in the kitchen, wipe messy faces and hands, and now will be using them as wipes when our cloth diapers come. Here's a picture of my started collection, that I'm sure will grow when I get to the fabric store again!



After finishing the wipes I made a solution to put the wipes in. I just used an old wipes case, filled with the solution, then put the wipes in and made sure they were all soaked. I've been told they will stay good without molding or stinking or anything for 5-7 days! I'm sure we will go thru them by then anyway.



Wipes solution:
2.5 cups water
2 teaspoons baby wash  or soap, any brand will do
1 tablespoon baby oil

This was a pretty simple project, and I'm sure will save us some money down the road!

No comments: